It’s common for all of us that we don’t have enough money for a gym membership or we don’t have enough time for lifting weights in the gym. It does not matter because what it takes to have a wider chest is just a mindset and motivation to get into the workout.
Muscle growth occurs when you tear and breakdown your muscle fibers during the workout. And when the broken fibers repair, they become thicker and stronger which is what we call hypertrophy.
Best 5 chest workout at home
Wide arm push-ups target your chest and core muscles more than the standard pushups do. Wide pushups are challenging workout for your upper body that targets your muscles in chest, shoulders, and upper arms. This variation is helpful to build your core strength and according to Healthline’s guideline, it may help you to protect your back too along with the prevention of overuse injuries.Benefits
According to the American Council of Exercise, wide pushups can increase your muscle strength and endurance in your chest(pectoralis), shoulders(anterior deltoids), and upper arm(triceps). It can also work on your serratus muscles harder than the standard push-ups.
How to perform wide-arm pushups?
Proper technique to do wide-arm push-ups is:
- Begin in a plank position with your hands placed slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Direct your fingers forward and slightly outside.
- Lower down your body towards the floor by bending your elbows outwards to the sides.
- Pause when your chest level in just below your elbows.
- Lift your body back to the starting position by pressing into your hands by engaging your core.
- Perform 1- 3 sets of 8 to 15 reps.
Points to keep in mind:
- Make sure you properly warm up before doing this exercise. try out some dynamics stretches like arm circles for arm swings to get your muscles warmed up.
- Keep your spine and hips straight.
- Engage your core and glutes when you perform the exercise.
- Perform with caution if you have any history of injuries related to shoulder back or wrist.
All the incline push-ups are beginner-level push-ups and where is here than basic push up, place workout still targets the main chest muscles( the pectoralis major and minor). at the same time, it significantly reduces the stress on elbows due to your weight while lifting. this easiest variation can be done anywhere if you find a stable surface such as a desk table or walls.
Benefits of Incline push-ups
This pushes up variation targets the main muscles of the chest( lower chest mainly) that is pectoralis major and minor. it also works on the muscles of your shoulders arms abs back hips and legs. it is a great stabilizer and helps to build the strength of the spinal column.
How to do incline push-ups?
- Get ready with a bench table for any solid surface that is a minimum of 3 feet high and stand facing it.
- Place your hands on the edge of the surface wider than your shoulder width.
- Keep your arms straight but not elbows locked.
- Lower your chest to the edge of the surface by bending your elbows. keep your body trade throughout the movement.
- Push up the body away from the surface until your elbows are extended but not locked.
- Inhale why you lower your chest and Exhale while you push up.
- Repeat 1- 3 sets of 12-20 repetitions.
Points to keep in mind
- Don’t place your hands too far apart because this will reduce the overall effectiveness of the exercise by decreasing the range of motion
- Align your operation lower body perfectly straight without sagging or slumping.
- Perform each rep with the full range of motion.
- Since this is an easy variation try doing more reps in each set.
For building strong after chest muscles even the people at the gym perform decline push-ups. Basically, this movement works your upper pecs and muscles in your shoulders too. Hence it is a great home exercise for upper body strength-building.
This workout basically activates the upper chest and front Shoulders more than a regular or incline variation.
It is necessary to target different parts of the chest for the overall development of the chest muscles. change incline push-ups will work on your lower chest, it is necessary to introduce this variation to build your upper chest.
With regular push-ups, you only thing about 70% of your own body weight. but by placing your feet a dozen or more inches higher than the ground at in decline push-ups, you will be pushing even more than your own body weight. so this variation is more efficient, harder, and effective for chest development.
How to do decline push-ups?
- Get very with a raised surface like bench box or slab to do decline push-ups.
- Kneel down with your back facing the bench and put your hands on the floor, Shoulders over your wrists and elbows at 45 degrees.
- Supporting your upper body with your hands And place your feet on top of the bench.
- Keep your body straight and lower your chest to the floor by bending your elbows.
- Return to the starting position by pushing into the floor and extending your elbows
- Complete 2- 4 sets of 8-20 reps.
Keep in mind
As an intermediate exercise, you’ll want to master incline and regular push-ups before attempting this move.
If you have any kind of history of injury of the wrist or Shoulder, take proper precautions.
“TUT” or “Time under tension” refers to the time duration of stress in the muscle for a given rep or set. By slowing down the moment considerably and paying proper attention to the correct form, you can easily add up your muscle mass as it is common in muscle building the more tension the more strength and as a result, you can add up the muscle mass.
Taking advantage of time under tension in the proper way will help you get the hypertrophy. when you do it right even with lighter weights, longer sets, and lesser rests, you can get maximum results with shorter workouts.
Time under tension (TUT) push-ups will help you in strength building conditioning and muscle building. It will also help you maximize muscle growth and it is great for fat loss too.
How to do Time under Tension push-ups?
- Draw yourself into a push-up position.
- Keep your hands shoulder-width apart for wider or narrower according to your comfort.
- Lower your chest slowly in such a way that it takes 4 seconds for your chest level to be just below your elbow level.
- Hold at that position for one second. Then return back to the original position in about 2 seconds.
- Repeat the variation for five reps and three sets.
Keep in Mind
- Keep your spine straight. Increase your time and tension as you advance further.
Staggered Hand Push-ups
It is a beginner level strength building chest workout that can be done without equipment at home.
How to do staggered Hand push-ups?
According to bodybuilding.com, this home chest workout can be done effectively if you follow these instructions:
- Position your body like regular push-ups. keep your hands it more than shoulder-width apart but staggered that is with one being higher than the other.
- Lower your torso to the ground by bending your elbows without your hips rising or cycling.
- Pause at the bottom of the motion and extend your elbows to return to the initial position.
- After completing this set reverse your hand position for the next round.
You don’t have to rely on gym equipment to build a bigger chest (or build muscle in general) as your own body weight is enough to get oneself in shape.
As you have known about the exercises, make sure that you do them in perfect form by taking looking at demonstrations on youtube too.
Thanks a lot for visiting our website.